Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bin laden alive?

+3
Peter
GOVINDA
Jagunco
7 posters

Go down

Bin laden alive? Empty Bin laden alive?

Post  Jagunco Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:24 am

What's this I hear? Obama has apparently admited on telly that he's still alive and that the cooked a load of other stuff up apparently.

Please tell me this an early April fools joke or something?
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Bin laden alive? Empty Re: Bin laden alive?

Post  Jagunco Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:01 am

Sorry Folks false alarm.... dodgy site
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:01 am

Jagunco wrote:Sorry Folks false alarm.... dodgy site

OH........dodgy site, read that as dogging site, was about to pm you for the name Very Happy
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 am

After watching last weeks TV program about dogging I find that the reality is somewhat creepy and the participants are the sort of people I would prefer kept their clothes on.

What has been seen cannot be unseen Shocked
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 am

Peter wrote:After watching last weeks TV program about dogging I find that the reality is somewhat creepy and the participants are the sort of people I would prefer kept their clothes on.

What has been seen cannot be unseen Shocked

I am really glad I don't have a TV. Or internet for that matter. Smile

I'm writing this from my brother's house where I am for the holidays.

And for everyone's information, Bin Laden was killed in 2007. And it was not by the US. It was a Pakistani man.

rezbi

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2006-08-18

http://unarmedanddangerous.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:43 pm

[quote="rezbi"]
Peter wrote:

And for everyone's information, Bin Laden was killed in 2007. And it was not by the US. It was a Pakistani man.

doesn to surprise me. I aint' heard of this though, can ya elaborate please?
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:10 am

[quote="Wayne Harrison"]
rezbi wrote:
Peter wrote:

doesn to surprise me. I aint' heard of this though, can ya elaborate please?

There's a video on presstv.ir where Benazir Bhutto says they caught the guy who murdered Bin Laden. It was in 2007.

I tried finding it again but haven't got the time to do a complete search. I know it's still on there somewhere.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 am

lads, c'mon!

My only comment on this nonesense will be that if you believe it I have a news feed that tells you Thatcher has been taken back to the planet Zarg and Lord Lucan is alive and well living in a civil partnership with Elvis Presley in Rochdale.

oh, and it was Shirley Temple on the grassy knoll with a candle-stick and a BB gun.

Keep it real people. affraid
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Chris wrote:lads, c'mon!

My only comment on this nonesense will be that if you believe it I have a news feed that tells you Thatcher has been taken back to the planet Zarg and Lord Lucan is alive and well living in a civil partnership with Elvis Presley in Rochdale.

oh, and it was Shirley Temple on the grassy knoll with a candle-stick and a BB gun.

Keep it real people. affraid

Keep which part real, Chris, the part about Bin Laden already being dead or the part where the yanks claim to have killed him?

Oh, and not forgetting the part where Saddam Hussein was actually caught by Iraqi soldiers and then the yanks taking credit for it. That's true, as well.

In both you'll find the yanks never actually provided evidence to prove their claims. Of course, it's because it's a tad difficult to show evidence you don't have.

And let's not forget how they claim they 'buried' Bin Laden at sea to respect Islamic rites of burying the dead as soon as possible.

Now, being a Muslim, I can tell everyone. without a shadow of a doubt, we DO NOT bury our dead in the sea. And I'm pretty certain most people know this.

But of course, it's a good way to cover the fact they never had him in the first place.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 am

I was going to write a lengthy rebuttal denouncing the internet as a hotbed for nonsensical conspiracy theories. So many examples of crackpot nonsense made my head hurt.
I settled on simply deciding to say BOLLOCKS.

Fecken internet has a lot to answer for. Rolling Eyes
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Socrates Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am

Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:28 am

I'd say the only conspiracy theory is that the US actually tells the truth.

A conspiracy between their government and their media.

Like I said above, I seen the actual 2007 video interview where Benazir Bhutto said they'd arrested the guy who murdered Bin Laden. And I'm sure you can find it if you really want to hear the truth.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 am

the internet appears more independent. but the powers have quickly assimilated how important it is, and contaminated lots of avenues. mainstream media has long been like this. generally i watch the news for the comedy. it's appealingly obvious how hypocritical governments are, and the western society.

being a social science student, this interests me. it is endemic the lack of critical thinking. and should anyone try to do so, the default position is to flame the people who have tried to look at and come to alternatives.

i got no idea how folks in this thread came to their opinions. i can hardly make a judgement. that would be based on my own conditioning. hardly a benchmark for truth. providing someone looks critically at all info, that is to be applauded.

warmest wishes

wayne
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:49 am

Okay, so now it's a different conspiracy. One where the entire US is manipulating the media to tell lies.

Wow... are you really serious!

For all of its faults, the ONE nation that you can guarantee will have internal elements pulling to pieces EVERY piece of information offered by any source looking for falsehood and mistruth.

Seriously, I'm all for differring opinion but when that opinion is ridiculous and without foundation or any attempt at critical thinking it's perfectly fine to call it nonsense.

That's not flaming, that just common sense. Problem with the internet, it lets people very easily claim that all opinions are equal. They are not.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:52 am

rezbi wrote:
Like I said above, I seen the actual 2007 video interview where Benazir Bhutto said they'd arrested the guy who murdered Bin Laden. And I'm sure you can find it if you really want to hear the truth.

An interview with another politician, thats the proof?
Peter
Peter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:56 am

Seriously, if anyone starts using this forum for conspiracy theory, unsubstatiated, politically biased rhetoric then I am out of here and closing the door firmly behind me.

There is enough of that shite and nonsense elsewhere on the internet if that is what floats your boat.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:13 am

Chris wrote:

For all of its faults, the ONE nation that you can guarantee will have internal elements pulling to pieces EVERY piece of information offered by any source looking for falsehood and mistruth.

That has little to do with what any one nation wants to achieve. Society is bombarded with propaganda every minute of the day. It has became more entrenched since the media age. Every single humans ideas, therefore their perception, therefore their reality is based on conditioning. Humans don't independately come to the decisions they think they do.

Chris wrote:
Seriously, I'm all for differring opinion but when that opinion is ridiculous and without foundation or any attempt at critical thinking it's perfectly fine to call it nonsense.

This is true, with ya on that Chris. Though you are taking exception to views here without even checking the sources. That ain't critical thinking. It's social conditioning, via propaganda and the collective view of society. Which you definitely are entitled to share though.

Chris wrote:
That's not flaming, that just common sense. Problem with the internet, it lets people very easily claim that all opinions are equal. They are not.

Apologies, your comments made me think of flaming, but were general. I didn't think a moderator here was flaming, and certainly not you. It just started a train of thought.

I'm not sure the internet should be automatically discounted. What is being offered as the alternative argument? The importance of info that individuals who were not witness to the actual event looks at, is that the info is gave without agenda. The internet has no such check and balances. Save for differing views. Pre-empting what info is gave to support an alternate view, those sources are seriously in question. Media is the primary source for propaganda. News, films and video games. All set the opinions of society, in a comprehensive manner.

warmest wishes

Wayne

P.S. This section is wrong for this subject, the chinwag section is best. however, provided it is not breaking forum rules, freedom should be there for members to feel comfortable to express their views. It's not cool for a staff member to try to create a response (i will leave..) or atmosphere. In what is a mature discussion. On the basis the staff member does not agree with the legally held views.

Or maybe stick it in the pit!!!
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:24 am

Wayne Harrison wrote:
Chris wrote:

That has little to do with what any one nation wants to achieve. Society is bombarded with propaganda every minute of the day. It has became more entrenched since the media age. Every single humans ideas, therefore their perception, therefore their reality is based on conditioning. Humans don't independately come to the decisions they think they do.

Chris wrote:

This is true, with ya on that Chris. Though you are taking exception to views here without even checking the sources. That ain't critical thinking. It's social conditioning, via propaganda and the collective view of society. Which you definitely are entitled to share though.

Chris wrote:

Apologies, your comments made me think of flaming, but were general. I didn't think a moderator here was flaming, and certainly not you. It just started a train of thought.

I'm not sure the internet should be automatically discounted. What is being offered as the alternative argument? The importance of info that individuals who were not witness to the actual event looks at, is that the info is gave without agenda. The internet has no such check and balances. Save for differing views. Pre-empting what info is gave to support an alternate view, those sources are seriously in question. Media is the primary source for propaganda. News, films and video games. All set the opinions of society, in a comprehensive manner.

warmest wishes

Wayne

P.S. Chris, i own the worlds most popular forum in another niche. So know a little bout the way forums act. This section is wrong for this subject, the chinwag section is best. however, provided it is not breaking forum rules, freedom should be there for members to feel comfortable to express their views. I dont feel it is appropriate for a staff member to try to create a response (i will leave..) or atmosphere. In what is a mature discussion. On the basis the staff member does not agree with the legally held views.

You see what happens. I could have mapped this out hours ago.

Someone makes a comment which is plainly ridiculous and is called on it.
Someone else then says "but he's entitled to his opinion."

and on.... and on....an on....

why, because not all opinions are equal and not everybody is right.

Shit like this is the death knell for forums as they become mired down in personal bias. Ultimately, when the facts aren't argued (because who wants to present facts on the internet) the person is argued.

Bear in mind. I made no statements of fact. I challenge anyone who makes an assertion to either prove that assertion or stop presenting opinion as fact.

As far as whether my comments are appropriate or not. Well, this isn't a democracy and there are no locks on the doors Wayne. If you don't like what I said or how then feel free to leave. I don't decide what is appropriate here, that right belongs to Ade and Pete. If they want to make a policy decision then that will apply to me as equally as anyone else on the forum. Ultimately, if I decide this is no longer a place I wish to spend my time that is also my choice.

everyone is keen to shout about tolerance, as long as they are being tolerant of opinions they agree with.

I say again, there are a multitude of other havens on the internet that will allow for indulgence of the wildest conspiracy theorising and mud-slinging based on opinion and paranoia. As soon as people start throwing around comments which clearly show a definite religious, political or cultural bias then you are knee deep in shit. What's next, 9/11 was an inside job.

Keep an open mind, employ critical thinking and challenge those without factual basis for what they present as fact before simply accepting it.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:45 am

Hmm, Chris is right about one thing.... a discussion about a conspiracy theory, while fun at the start will only end end up one way so l think we should end this one now before that happens.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum