Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hooray,a new injury.

3 posters

Go down

Hooray,a new injury. Empty Hooray,a new injury.

Post  Ade Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

A separated shoulder,haven't had one of those before. Rolling Eyes
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Hooray,a new injury. Empty Re: Hooray,a new injury.

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

that sucks mate....hope it mends quickly...no, wait, that would be positive...I hope it's fooked beyond repair and never gets better. lol! lol! lol!

Blame Chris mate...sorry Very Happy

Nick

It's never going to get better...you are doomed.
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Nick Hughes wrote:that sucks mate....hope it mends quickly...no, wait, that would be positive...I hope it's fooked beyond repair and never gets better. lol! lol! lol!

Blame Chris mate...sorry Very Happy

Nick

It's never going to get better...you are doomed.

Well you could just wish it better. Oh wait, magic doesn't actually exist. Best stick to medicine instead. Very Happy
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 pm

Medicine doesn't work either...look at all the people who died in the Mayo clinic when Marcus was there. Very Happy Very Happy

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:22 am

Nick Hughes wrote:Medicine doesn't work either...look at all the people who died in the Mayo clinic when Marcus was there. Very Happy Very Happy

Nick

and all of them but Marcus wanted to die.... or didn't want to live enough? If only they had wanted to stay alive enough! Planet would get a little busy if only those people who wanted to die actually karked it mind! Wink

Here's the thing. I am fully behind the power of a positive attitude and undoubtedly the mind is a powerful tool in moderating or alterting mental and emotional states and wellbeing. What I object to is the cult of "positive thinking" and the self hypnosis that entails. I'd rather people were self aware and used positive psychology.

All of mankinds greatest achievements come from an understanding of our physical reality and a desire to achieve. What would have happened if the Wright brothers had simply said, "keep jumping off cliffs lads, no need to accept that we can't independently fly... we just need to want it enough!"

How many people have to drown before we accept the reality that we can't breathe under water and use science to invent and develop SCUBA gear?

How many medical treatments and drugs would have been disregarded if we just gave weight to people's desire rather than their physical and chemical requirements for good health?

Good attitude is essential to individual success, it is not essential to good science. Reality doesn't chance because we want it to... it changes because understand it and we make it change in the ways we can Smile
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 am

Nick Hughes wrote:It's never going to get better...you are doomed.

lol! Thanks Bro,that means a lot.

...and in the spirit of the debate. I think my shoulder is positively fucked! (is that positive thinking or what!)
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 pm

lol!
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum