Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US self-defence expert banned from entering UK

+5
Ade
Mr Nobody
GOVINDA
Fraze
marksj
9 posters

Go down

US self-defence expert banned from entering UK Empty US self-defence expert banned from entering UK

Post  marksj Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18002220

Anyone know this chap?

Is what he teaches off the scale compared to other instructors?

marksj

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

US self-defence expert banned from entering UK Empty Re: US self-defence expert banned from entering UK

Post  Fraze Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 am

As soon as someone mentioned this story to me I knew it would be Tim Larkin of TFT. He does have an antagonistic marketing style.

He was discussed at length here before. I've never taken any of his classes or seen his material beyond a couple of youtube clips so can't comment on how good his material is or isn't.

Fraze

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

US self-defence expert banned from entering UK Empty Re: US self-defence expert banned from entering UK

Post  GOVINDA Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Apparently he is a bit Poo, but I have never trained with him so can not comment, I have seen and read some of his "stuff" and have made my own opinion on this.................the word Sensationalism springs to mind affraid
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Wed May 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Don't know the guy and, whie I respect the Home Offices opinion of him, surely they can recognise that there are already people in the UK teaching the same or similar sorts of things? Or am I wrong?
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 am

We had a thread about him that went on for many pages,but that was before "the event" Wink and it's gone now.The general concensus,however,seemed to agree with Gov's synopsis of "a bit poo".
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu May 10, 2012 5:48 am

Takes a lot of noise to bring you to the attention of the Home Office.

For an intelligent man he isn't very smart.

Then again, could just be that the Home Office is populated by knee jerk reactionary muppets who should spend more time dealing with genuine threats to domestic peace and wellbeing.

either one works for me.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraze Thu May 10, 2012 5:51 am

He should have put 'radical cleric' on his visa application. Very Happy

I bet his next round of marketing will be "so dangerous it's banned in the UK!" It will play well with people who have never trained before.

Fraze

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 am

Fraze wrote:He should have put 'radical cleric' on his visa application. Very Happy

I bet his next round of marketing will be "so dangerous it's banned in the UK!" It will play well with people who have never trained before.

True Dat Fraze Smile
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyk Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 am

He was banned for cynically targeting areas where there had been social unrest.In 2009 there had been a few incidents in Slough so he decided to hold his seminar there.This time it was to be in Tottenham,scene of last years riots.The last thing you need is this knob turning up to create more fear and paranoia.

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  RichardZ Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

for some, to be banned for being too violent may hold some merit Shocked

RichardZ

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Mon May 14, 2012 4:50 am

So the UK government has handed him marketing gold ...... we wil see the "buy my too tough for the UK " system out soon.

If he had claimed to be a radical cleric he would have been a house as well as a visa Rolling Eyes

Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down