Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Un-used shocknife

+3
GOVINDA
Wayne Harrison
jimmyboy
7 posters

Go down

Un-used shocknife Empty Un-used shocknife

Post  jimmyboy Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 am

Hi, Don't know if or where i can advertise this so sorry in advance... but anywho here goes, The kind of employment i work in means i travel quite a lot , during a visit to america recently i was fortunate attend a seminar for conflict management with an focus on knife defence?? i was introduced to the shocknife and thought it was a dam good concept ( don't get me wrong it is not really the same as a real cut, but it does induce fear) regardless of wether i think its good or not? for the purpose of seminars etc it is one of the best tools i have come across.

on my return i was informed of cuts from within my company and that i was to take redundancy ? i decided i was going to teach knife defence courses and purchased one of these knives? £500 it cost me... only to be told that after a change of heart i was not losing my position but rather being promoted instead Very Happy which means i have an un-used shocknife gathering dust, obviously it is in fantastic condition ( un-used) with all documents

if anybody wishes to purchase this at massively reduced discount please in box me ?

sorry for posting on this forum but not just going to put it on ebay and let any runt have it?

cheers
James

jimmyboy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Un-used shocknife Empty Re: Un-used shocknife

Post  Wayne Harrison Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:04 pm

jimmyboy wrote:Hi, Don't know if or where i can advertise this so sorry in advance... but anywho here goes, The kind of employment i work in means i travel quite a lot , during a visit to america recently i was fortunate attend a seminar for conflict management with an focus on knife defence?? i was introduced to the shocknife and thought it was a dam good concept ( don't get me wrong it is not really the same as a real cut, but it does induce fear) regardless of wether i think its good or not? for the purpose of seminars etc it is one of the best tools i have come across.

on my return i was informed of cuts from within my company and that i was to take redundancy ? i decided i was going to teach knife defence courses and purchased one of these knives? £500 it cost me... only to be told that after a change of heart i was not losing my position but rather being promoted instead Very Happy which means i have an un-used shocknife gathering dust, obviously it is in fantastic condition ( un-used) with all documents

if anybody wishes to purchase this at massively reduced discount please in box me ?

sorry for posting on this forum but not just going to put it on ebay and let any runt have it?

cheers
James

i've read about these with interest in the past. I know Jim Wagner uses them in his courses with great effect. Will in-box you now. though do you mean the knife cost you $500, not £500? it's $500 for the knife on their site. the knife fighter package including two blades might be closer to £500 GBP.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-12-15

http://www.civilianpersonalprotection.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 pm

What kind of treatment do they take ? can you go full on reality, balls to the ground training or 3 step Aikido type rough ?
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:46 pm

i always found for balls to the ground situations a wheel-barrow was useful. buster gonad out of Viz is my inspiration.
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  GOVINDA Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:12 am

I didnt know you were into the classics Wayne Very Happy
GOVINDA
GOVINDA

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Harrison Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:02 am

After being forceable ejected from another forum i want to blend in with the natives here more. Laughing
Wayne Harrison
Wayne Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyk Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:07 am

Is this device legal in the UK? I would have thought it would be classified as a stun gun.

tonyk

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  combatnige Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:31 am

tonyk wrote: Is this device legal in the UK? I would have thought it would be classified as a stun gun.

Am pretty certain they have to be certified and you licensed by the police, my instructor has one and I have seen it upclose and personal, will give you the heebie jeebies as they make the same sound as the overhead power cables, they really crackle with evil intent

combatnige

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Un-used shocknife Empty Weapon

Post  TheSelfDefenceExpert.com Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:36 am

In relation to the weapon side

The term offensive weapon usually deals with weapons that have been either made, used intended or adapted for the purpose of causing harm.

I wouldn't go out on a limb with this one but it seems to depend on the circumstances of possession. For example if you walk about the street with it yes its going to be an offensive weapon. However I know people use training knives etc. I think if in the unlikely event of arrest then the matter would be referred to the CPS to decide.

I think a problem though could come with advertisement. I person could come on the cause not knowing they would be getting shock treatment and then have a good complaint. As a result i belive it would have to be either optional or advertised clearly.

TheSelfDefenceExpert.com

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Just played around with one at my last seminar. It "tickles" a bit, I'd hardly call it "stunning."

You do need to tie a string to it and loop it over your wrist as they won't stand up to being dropped repeatedly and they do get knocked out of hands a lot.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  combatnige Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 am

Nick, I think they are imported fro the states, am just wondering if there is more than one model.

The version my instructor's got has a switch where you can turn it all the way up and it goes from a quiet hum to a loud crackle.

There is footage of some of his students training with it, I will see if I can get hold of it

combatnige

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyboy Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:42 am

ok guys... this has been donated to our local MA group who intend on running knife defence courses FREE to the Local community

thanx for interest

jimmyboy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Nice gesture mate...good one.

Nick

PS: Pretty sure that's the same one...his crackled too but they still don't stun as much as just hurt. Smile
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum