Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Holgate - Book recomendation

Go down

Andy Holgate - Book recomendation Empty Andy Holgate - Book recomendation

Post  Peter Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 am

I have just finished a book by Andy Holgate called "Cant Swim Ride Run - From common man to Ironman".

2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, 26.2 mile run, that is the Ironman triathlon. Its not for the faint hearted.
What possesses an overweight, thirty-something, librarian who cant swim, doesnt own a bike and has two dodgy knees into taking on the hardest one day endurance race in the world? "Cant Swim Ride Run" is the story of Andy Holgate's inspiring and epic, life changing journey to become an Ironman.

Having been toying with the triathlons over the last year or two I picked this book up. Andy Holgate is or was a "normal bloke" before deciding to lose weight for his wedding. His journey is poignant, often hliarious and at times all to familiar. I read this book in one go as I couldnt put it down. It is probably the best motivational book I have ever read, even though it isnt designed as such.
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down