Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick quoted in Double Murder Case

4 posters

Go down

Nick quoted in Double Murder Case Empty Nick quoted in Double Murder Case

Post  jesse Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:58 am

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/local_news/626729/double-murder-shows-danger-of-private-sales

CHARLOTTE -- The Rowan County Sheriff's Office says Jody and Jerry Bullin were killed while trying to sell their car.

The elderly couple advertised with a local paper. Detectives believe that is how 25-year-old Fredrick Hedgepeth found them, acting as a potential buyer and then shot them to death.

This tragic incident shows the dangers of privately selling a car or any item, but there are steps to take to protect yourself and your property.

Erika Terry turned to the internet to sell her used forerunner. She had some apprehension about advertising in such a public manner, so she took certain steps to protect herself.

"I didn't give too much information,” said Terry. “I just put my email, that way if they had questions they would email.'

Terry sold her SUV, the same day the Rowan County Sheriff Kevin Auten says a potential buyer murdered a couple trying to sell their vehicle.

"What could have gone wrong to cause a car sales transaction to turn into a double murder,” said Auten. “It is unusual and hard to figure out.'

Nicholas Hughes, a former member of the French Foreign Legion, martial arts instructor, and body guard warns selling a vehicle privately can be dangerous. But there are tips to protect yourself and your property. Hughes says get as much information on the buyer as possible, meet them in a public place while it's still light out and don't go alone.

He says, if you feel uncomfortable, bail. "Trust your instincts,” Hughes said. “Too often we get the warning signal that raises the red flag, but because we were brought up to be polite, we don't want to offend the person, we ignore that.”

Auten said the Bullin's daughter knew where her parents were going and contacted the authorities when she lost contact with them. Detectives say that helped them track down Hedgepeth.

jesse

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Nick quoted in Double Murder Case Empty Re: Nick quoted in Double Murder Case

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Good advice Nicholas.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:10 am

Typical journalists mate...the interview, on camera, was about fifteen minutes in length. When it hit the tv here it was cut to about fifteen seconds. Sad

Nick

PS: I'm going to do a piece on my blog about it though...
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:38 pm

That's all well and good, but shouldn't the thread title read: "Nick suspected in Double Murder Case"?
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Not unless Kaaarl and Simon Lau are the victims...no!!

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 am

Careful, Shocked

Those "Instinctive Combatants" are notoriously hard to kill. Their deadly fallover skills when punching make them lethally hilarious at close range.

I doubt even your training and experience would equip you to face a man who simultaneously punches at you while tripping over his own feet in slow motion.
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Now that is a skill I one day hope to emulate.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum