Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign Legion

2 posters

Go down

Foreign Legion Empty Foreign Legion

Post  bobwright Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 am

We were discussing the Foreign Legion at work awhile back, and someone commented that when a person joins up its for a period of several years and they may have to take out French citizenship.....It got me thinking as I know very little about the application process so I reckon you'd be the guy to ask....thanks Nick. scratch
bobwright
bobwright

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Foreign Legion Empty Re: Foreign Legion

Post  Nick Hughes Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:07 am

Minimum contract is for five years and you do not have to take out French citizenship.

In fact...it's technically illegal for a Frenchman to be in the Legion even though they make up about 48% of the numbers. (They get around this by giving them ID that says they were born in Belgium, Canada or Switzerland to explain away their obvious good French)

One can, after five years, apply for French citizenship if you want to. It used to be pretty easy but now, to the influx of East Europeans who are only there to get a French passport they're making the process (according to my old contacts at least) a tad more difficult.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down