Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home

4 posters

Go down

How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home Empty How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home

Post  rezbi Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:13 pm

As Dave's away training I've put up a post today. Hope you like.

http://unarmedanddangerous.com/2008/12/17/how-to-improve-your-punching-and-kicking-reflexes-at-home/

I'd appreciate any comments you may have. I've got tons of ideas for training at home but would like to know what you're looking for.

rezbi

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2006-08-18

http://unarmedanddangerous.com/

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home Empty Re: How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home

Post  Gappy Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:35 pm

That was serious, right?
Gappy
Gappy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home Empty Re: How to Improve Your Punching and Kicking Reflexes At Home

Post  rezbi Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:59 am

PaulGappyNorris wrote:That was serious, right?

Yes, it was.

Two things here:

1. Have you tried it? If not, don't knock it till you have.
2. Hey, I'm just filling in for Dave and I'm not as good with words as he is he. if you feel you can do better, feel free to submit an article.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gappy Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 am

So, you don't really appreciate any comments, just the comments that you like?

I'm not dishing out training tips, you are, and on a forum where most if not all participants are over the age of 10 - quite honestly I thought the suggestion was rather silly.
Gappy
Gappy

Back to top Go down

Post  rezbi Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:50 pm

PaulGappyNorris wrote:So, you don't really appreciate any comments, just the comments that you like?

I'm not dishing out training tips, you are, and on a forum where most if not all participants are over the age of 10 - quite honestly I thought the suggestion was rather silly.

Okay, first, that was not a comment, it was a question, to which I gave and answer.

Second, you make it sound like there are so many comments here and I've dismissed them all. Ummm.

Third, I think you've misread me there.

I was actually asking you to do an article. I was being serious as I do accept my writing is not the best around.

And as far as the suggestion being silly, that was my point. Have you actually tried it?

If you have and you find it silly, then you've got a valid argument. If you criticize something without trying it, the argument is not valid.

I've used this method and found it to be useful.

Anyway, it's Dave's site and I suggest you make any other comments on there as I don't visit here that often. All I'm doing is promoting Dave.

rezbi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gappy Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:42 pm

I've used this method and found it to be useful.

In the name of 'research' I tried it last night just after I had a mini-workout on the Thai bag - it would appear I'm an overweight and out of condition blunderbag, but I digress - the excercise seems to be futile and a complete waste of time, I can see no positive attributes to using this particular method of 'improving' any combat skills.....

Can you expand on how you find it useful..
Gappy
Gappy

Back to top Go down

Post  notsotuff Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 am

not wanting to tread on any toes, but my opinion of what is being suggested is that these drills do work?? they will work if & only if you are a real beginner & are in bad condition & very little co-ordination, other wise i see no useful purpose these can be to an able practicioner???

notsotuff

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Portals Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:20 am

rezbi wrote:
PaulGappyNorris wrote:That was serious, right?

if you feel you can do better, feel free to submit an article.

How about a recipe for Rezbi sauce?Paul is very good at writing cookery articles. Laughing

Joking aside I think the drill would probably be of benefit for someone who is entering semi contact or non contact karate competitions which use continuous points scoring.In these contests you need very quick reactions and
high hand and foot speed.

Portals

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum