Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Morris is answering your question on his blog

+8
Julian
Fartarse
melvinfferd
Blackshield
BN
Nick Hughes
Rob Mac
Socrates
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Steve Morris is answering your question on his blog - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Morris is answering your question on his blog

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 am

Apparently, there are inhibitor nerve structures in your muscles which actually mean you can only use a small part of the potential strength of the muscle. This is a safety factor because if you could actually stimulate all the muscle to contract in one go then it would rip the muscle off the bone attachments. This would not be a good survival factor in nature.

If you get hit by lightning - or as in Nick's example of his brother and the electric shock - the external electrical stimulus causes a far greater contraction of muscle than normally possible. Apparently victims of lightning strikes get burns but also major muscle tears due to the degree of contraction.

In matters of training this leads to the fundamental difference between bodybuilding - i.e. building bulk specifically - and strength training - i.e. building actual strength. In the former, strength is a byproduct of mass building, in the latter mass is a byproduct of strength building. Each use different approaches and different physiological pathways to achieve their goal.

Back to top Go down

Steve Morris is answering your question on his blog - Page 3 Empty Re: Steve Morris is answering your question on his blog

Post  BN Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:21 am

You copied that entire text from the boy next to you when teacher wasn't looking.
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 am

Bloody Nuisance wrote:You copied that entire text from the boy next to you when teacher wasn't looking.

Serves him right for being a short-arse. It's Darwinism in action!

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 am

LOL at the insecure tall people trying to feel better by ridiculing their shorter, but more secure, counterparts.

Did you know there was a survey in the USA which found that 5'8-5'9 is the ideal height range for women when choosing a man? It's a well known fact that men six foot and over usually have trouble attracting a girlfriend. Beautiful, gorgeous, elegant women find tall guys too gangling and awkward. Wheras shorter men are seen as a status symbol, and are highly sought after.

Careful you don't bang your head on the ceiling, and watch out for that low bridge!
BN
BN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:56 am

Bloody Nuisance wrote:LOL at the insecure tall people trying to feel better by ridiculing their shorter, but more secure, counterparts.

Did you know there was a survey in the USA which found that 5'8-5'9 is the ideal height range for women when choosing a man? It's a well known fact that men six foot and over usually have trouble attracting a girlfriend. Beautiful, gorgeous, elegant women find tall guys too gangling and awkward. Wheras shorter men are seen as a status symbol, and are highly sought after.

Careful you don't bang your head on the ceiling, and watch out for that low bridge!

If you need to believe that then you have my permission. And don't imagine people are looking down at you for being a shorty - you're not imagining it....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:39 am

I have certainly seen people, either mentally ill or on drugs, who have displayed what appears to be super human strength etc. But not very often, and hardly to a car lifting standard.

As reagrds how many people have been crushed with their mothers nearby? Isn't the fact that they, themselves, are being crushed not enough to invoke this super human power for themselves?

I find it amazing that anybody gets injured at all...

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 am

Last edited by Bloody Nuisance on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BN
BN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am

Bloody Nuisance wrote:Particularly the bit about him seeking out fights, and trying moves out. How do you feel about his attitude toward fighting?

Only shorties do that sort of thing.....tee hee...

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Not being short I wouldn't know.

*Feels justifiably superior, doesn't sink to that level*
BN
BN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 am

Bloody Nuisance wrote:Not being short I wouldn't know.

*Feels justifiably superior, doesn't sink to that level*

Yeah, shorties always like to think that too...

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Brian,

I don't think the people under the car not performing super human feats is proof that the people outside the car can't. The guy under the car is pinned (in the example I read the chest was being crushed) so there's zero room to manouver.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mac Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:00 pm

BN, the thing is with Steve Morris is that NOBODY is saying he can't do the business. That's all you need to know, go and train with him, and his fellas (in my opinion it's not just about him it's also his students that make it) see for yourself.
Rob Mac
Rob Mac

Number of posts : 1213
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3