Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulking Up

2 posters

Go down

Bulking Up Empty Bulking Up

Post  Joshua Orange Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:13 am

Nick

Could you re-post the 'shake recipe (and daily diet) you posted on the old GT forum that you used to bulk up after leaving the Legion? Got a lad who's looking to gain a few pounds.

Cheers
Dave

Joshua Orange

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2006-08-19

Back to top Go down

Bulking Up Empty Re: Bulking Up

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:05 am

There's some slight confusion...

After the Legion my main bulk up came from one eight week cycle of steroids (under the supervision of a mate's dad who's an MD)

In Oz, when I was getting ready for black belt I was scrawny and read everything I could find on bulking up...bottom line was I had to increase my caloric intake to surpass the amount I was burning training as much as I/we were.

The shakes involved milk, weight gain powder, powdered milk, thickened cream, peanut butter, raw eggs, bananas, honey and oat meal. I'd drink those about 3 times per day. (weight gain powder and protein powder in those days tasted vile by the way...guys nowadays have it so easy Smile )

Mark Beverstock and I would sit down and eat 3 chickens, half a dozen to a dozen eggs and a pile of bacon and a couple of pints of milk at lunch and dinner and breakfast was either a smoothie or a couple of bowls of oatmeal.

If I was doing it again now I'd go more for lean muscle growth as the old method of fatten up off season and do loads of cardio to cut up on season, then repeat has been superceded by better methods and nutrition nowadays.

Nick

PS: The shakes between meals are still a good idea though...I might just drop out the thickened cream Very Happy
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Orange Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:26 am

Thanks mate - yes, meant the shake with peanut butter. Not the one with steroids available only from the Korova Milk Bar as a precursor to a bit of the old ultraviolence...

D

Joshua Orange

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:42 am

Hey, will shoot you a pm later (gotta run here in a minute), but I nearly ended up being a KM instructor up north recently...

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Orange Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:14 pm

Ok Nick... Sounds interesting... IKMF poaching you?

D

Joshua Orange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum