Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Chuffed...

+3
Dave
Ron Evans
Nick Hughes
7 posters

Go down

I'm Chuffed... Empty I'm Chuffed...

Post  Nick Hughes Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Just this moment got off the phone with one of my students (about halfway through the program) who got mugged last night.

Mark W had been uptown having a few drinks and decided to walk about 3 miles to another club his mate runs (to walk some of the effect of the booze off) when he was confronted by three black eighteen year olds. One stepped forward and demanded Mark's watch. He clocked something in the kid's hand - couldn't make out exactly what and didn't want to stare straight at it and let the kid know he knew something was there) so he said "alright mate" and unstrapped the timepiece and laid it on his right palm as if to hand it to the guy.

As the guy reached for it Mark lamped him in the head and dropped him and then quickly grabbed the right arm and belted the guy about 4 times in the head. Fortunately his mates just watched in shock and then Mark leapt up and made like Lynford Christie. He ran through back streets in case they tried following him and ended up at "The Penguin" which is a bar/restaurant where my top instructor Ken works sometimes. Ken wasn't there but one of the other guys checked him out and they found some bleeding on his left arm (evidentally the mugger made some desultory effort to use his blade while being slugged) which didn't need any treatment other than some antiseptic wipe from the bar's first aid kit.

He just rang me up to thank me for the training.

Obviously he made some mistakes and was lucky the other two didn't leap in but still a result as far as he (and his wife and kids) are concerned.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

I'm Chuffed... Empty Re: I'm Chuffed...

Post  Ron Evans Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Good one mate.

Very Happy
Ron Evans
Ron Evans

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2006-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Well done Mark W cheers , putting into practise what you need to do when you need to do it. We can all sit here and say 'what if?' What if he got stabbed and died or what if the other two joined in. But on the flip side whats to say they wouldnt have tried to stab, slash or beat him after robbing him.
Well done that man. Lets hope the muggers decide its not the chosen profession for them, as one of them nurses his lumps and bumps.
Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dik Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:40 am

Good one Nick

Good training and good role modelling were the order of the day.

Great result all round. No point playing the what-if game.

Dik xx
dik
dik

Number of posts : 281

http://www.fastdefence.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BN Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Nice one Nick!
BN
BN

Number of posts : 2010
Registration date : 2006-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm

We presented him in class last night with "The Order of the Walking Target" which I printed up as a certificate.

He's well aware of the mistakes he made and knows it was his "hard skills" that saved him from his lack of "soft" ones.

I saw the wounds last night...he'd superglued one puncture type one up and the others had scabbed...my guess is it was a screwdriver (or similar) that the guy had. Would have been a different story if they'd had a gun.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:16 am

Very nice... I am always glad to hear of someone standing up and dishing it out when needed.
roadkill
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fartarse Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am

Yep, its good to hear a win for the good guys for a change.
Fartarse
Fartarse

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum