Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assertive action

2 posters

Go down

Assertive action Empty Assertive action

Post  Jan Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 am

Nick, I'm just curious after all these years if you ever get a slight flinches/split second hesitation before you use assertive action.

I mean if you get surprised these days, do you go straight into assertive action or do you get slight fear, think "what the fook" and then ramp yourself up to do what needs to be done.

I do the second but am wondering if it will ever be the first. It only takes a split second but seems an unnecessary delay.

Jan

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Back to top Go down

Assertive action Empty Re: Assertive action

Post  Nick Hughes Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:08 pm

Friday night at work we had a scrap with some South Americans. On Saturday I was out the front talking to the manager and one of the other doormen about what had happened and a motorcycle backfired...they both flinched, I was already spun round facing it with my hands up. I was surprised by their reactions, they were surprised by mine.

Up until then I hadn't thought about it and I probably couldn't have answered your question because it's been so long since I've been in a scrap.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down