Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone

4 posters

Go down

Hi everyone Empty Hi everyone

Post  mrmuaythai Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:30 am

Hello guys, been away for a while, went and had me a stroke which has kinda stopped me smacking a heavy back around!

Are all the same people around? Nick Highes, Brian the copper, Ade, Peter, that bloke in Blackpool and that other big hard-looking bloke? (not good with names! Ha!)

Hope everybody is well and still training!

I recently started a blog, hope it's ok to post link, if not mods take it down no prob!
http://onlinebusker.blogspot.com.es/

Belated happy new year!

Craig
mrmuaythai
mrmuaythai

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2006-12-27

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone

Post  cartmelpete Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:44 am

Hi mrmuaythai,
                    That's really bad news. Sorry to hear that you've had a stroke. Hope you're on the way to recovery or fully recovered.

Well, I think the forum imploded a bit a few years ago.

[quote] Are all the same people around? Nick Hughes, Brian the copper, Ade, Peter, that bloke in Blackpool and that other big hard-looking bloke? (not good with names! Ha!)[quote]

Don't know about Nick Hughes, he may check in . Brian S the cop, don't think so, don't know why.

Ade and Peter are Mods I think, not that there's much moderating to do.

Bloke in Blackpool, don't know him, although there always were a few hard rocks from there. The big hard looking bloke, well that was probably B.N. (Bloody Nuisance) Don't know where he is.

As a matter of interest was wondering how old you were when you had the stroke?

I seem to remember, although I'm old and my memory's gone, that you liked a Guinness or three, one of my favourite drinks. (the draught brewed in Ireland)

Hope you're on the mend and also on the way to recovery. Also that you can get back into a bit of training and slowly get the body going back to full speed again.

All the best
                    Pete

cartmelpete

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Ade Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Hey Mr MT!

Sorry to hear about the stroke amigo, hope you make a fu!l recovery!

Pete is correct, we had an implosion a couple of years ago,and since then the forum has been co-run by Pete and myself...all the others went their separate ways and sadly Chris passed away a while back.

I drop in occasionally, but apart from very rare posts (like yours) there's not much life in the old place...pity really

...but hey,you never know,there may be life in the o!ddog yet lol!
Ade
Ade
Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Sorry to hear about your health issues Craig and I hope you are well mended now?

I badly broke my ankle which took a couple of operations to fix, nothing as worrying as your troubles though!

Brian recently retired and is currently sending messages from various locations around the planet so is obviously enjoying himself.

Nick Hughes and Dave Turton regularly post on FB so I will mention to both of them that it might be nice to check in here.

Hope everyone is well?!

Pete
Peter
Peter
Admin

Number of posts : 2201
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down