Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, are you ready? Are your significant others?

+4
roadkill
Dave
light fantastic
Nick Hughes
8 posters

Go down

So, are you ready?  Are your significant others? Empty So, are you ready? Are your significant others?

Post  Nick Hughes Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 am

Here's a home invasion caught on tape...see how fast it all goes down and ask the obvious...does your training prepare you for this?

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

So, are you ready?  Are your significant others? Empty Re: So, are you ready? Are your significant others?

Post  light fantastic Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 am

Evil or Very Mad Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad 
light fantastic
light fantastic

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

So, are you ready?  Are your significant others? Empty Re: So, are you ready? Are your significant others?

Post  Dave Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Sad to say but I'm sure that the vast majority of us have occasions during our day to day lives when we are quite vulnerable to an attack. Hopefully due to training when an attack does happen we will automatically respond.
Unfortunately for this poor woman once the attack was initiated she had nothing to respond with. She was completely at the mercy of her attacker. Does anyone know if he has been caught yet?
Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  roadkill Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm

roadkill
roadkill

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2007-05-02

http://www.comegetyousome.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 am

I spent a lot of time with a guy who carries out physical security assessments on sites. He was very good at his job, made a decent amount of money out of telling company directors how to better protect their assets. His approach was fairly simple but very logical.

External Physical security controls have to be the initial concern. Locks, doors, windows secured etc at the perimiter points.

Access Controls come next. Good processes for allowing authorised access to the right people. Good protocols for observation and identification before access to the property. Ingress and egress controlled and monitored to ensure amongst other things that process for coming and going is followed. All locks are activated, doors closed, windows secured etc.

Remediation/Mitigation for unauthorised access is the last step. What do you do, how do you do it and what do you do it with when someone who does not have authorisation gains access to your property. Do you create boxes within boxes, do you have internal CCTV, Alarms and panic buttons etc.

A lot of people jump to the last point without realising that the first two preventative sets of actions are much more important than the shit hits fan moment of dealing with unauthorised access once it has happened.

Focus should be on initially presenting an unappealing profile to anyone who may wish to gain access.
Second step making those preventative controls effective.
Third step, protocols for protecting yourself and others in the event that unauthorised access is gained to your property. Whether that be availability of weapons, internal doors and locks which are effective etc etc.

It's taken me a while to write anything about this clip and it just boils my blood.
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post  light fantastic Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Chris wrote:It's taken me a while to write anything about this clip and it just boils my blood.

Same.

As I watched and then rewatched the clip, I wondered what was going on in his head, that he would need to exercise such unnecessary violence and in front of a child as well. I think that I actually forget sometimes that there are genuinely nasty people out there that are operating under an entirely different set of principles to my own. It helps to be reminded of this.
light fantastic
light fantastic

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Light Fantastic,

Yep...the bane of my life is trying to convince people of the need for self defense training who are all convinced that it will never happen to them.

Evil exists and some people just need killing.

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:51 am

Nick Hughes wrote:
Evil exists and some people just need killing.

Nick

You just gotta love that quote. Now we are on the same page Mr Hughes cheers
Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Scumbag.

He deserves nothing short of a bullet to the head.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sven Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:18 am

Chris wrote:I spent a lot of time with a guy who carries out physical security assessments on sites. He was very good at his job, made a decent amount of money out of telling company directors how to better protect their assets. His approach was fairly simple but very logical.

External Physical security controls have to be the initial concern. Locks, doors, windows secured etc at the perimiter points.

Access Controls come next. Good processes for allowing authorised access to the right people. Good protocols for observation and identification before access to the property. Ingress and egress controlled and monitored to ensure amongst other things that process for coming and going is followed. All locks are activated, doors closed, windows secured etc.

Remediation/Mitigation for unauthorised access is the last step. What do you do, how do you do it and what do you do it with when someone who does not have authorisation gains access to your property. Do you create boxes within boxes, do you have internal CCTV, Alarms and panic buttons etc.

A lot of people jump to the last point without realising that the first two preventative sets of actions are much more important than the shit hits fan moment of dealing with unauthorised access once it has happened.

Focus should be on initially presenting an unappealing profile to anyone who may wish to gain access.
Second step making those preventative controls effective.
Third step, protocols for protecting yourself and others in the event that unauthorised access is gained to your property. Whether that be availability of weapons, internal doors and locks which are effective etc etc.

It's taken me a while to write anything about this clip and it just boils my blood.

Great post as always, Chris. As my .02 cents would add one more step to this - have good (sufficient) insurance.
Sven
Sven

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Back to top Go down

So, are you ready?  Are your significant others? Empty Update

Post  gdsila Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:21 pm

gdsila

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum