Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids

3 posters

Go down

Kids Empty Kids

Post  Chris Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 am

Hi Dave,

Hope everything is good at your end.

I was thinking (in between tea breaks at work Wink ) About the best way to address self protection with kids. I know we have spoken a little in the past about the primary concern being to maintain the integrity of their childhood while imparting suitable knowledge and skills where possible.

I just wondered, as a dad and grandad what your personal approach has been over the years? Have your views changed at all as you and your family have become older? Do you adopt a different approach with boys than with girls? Do you break down the subject matter and information according to age brackets? How do you categorise the threats most applicable to children?

It's a really tricky line to walk between offerring suitable protective advice and skills and instilling fear or even worse destroying trust and innocence.

probably another headache there for you mate! It's an interesting topic though, not one I have any real answers on and something I think far too many people just ignore.

all the best, talk to you soon mate
Chris
Chris
Chris

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2006-08-14

Back to top Go down

Kids Empty Re: Kids

Post  Socrates Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 am

Do you mind if I jump in? I´ve got two girls myself. Would you give different advice to girls and boys?

(I just noticed Chris already asked that... Ignore me!)
Socrates
Socrates

Number of posts : 1628
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob.Brown Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:41 am

Socrates wrote:Do you mind if I jump in? I´ve got two girls myself. Would you give different advice to girls and boys?

(I just noticed Chris already asked that... Ignore me!)

hope i am not butting in.
i run my own show for 10 years teaching & grading my style with my own students and i always stated with young students the real hard world out there, i told them when children are took its very rare you come back and you need to attack the right places on the body and not to be worried about really hurting your attcker.
the most important thing is you and that you see your mum & dad again.

it hard putting facts across because its never your kids, its someones on the news, but they might have thought the same.

this is why letting children mess around in class and letting them do sloppy techniques which will do nothing for them, you might as well let them play football or other sports.

Remember saying to young students things like kick them between the legs, kick them on the shin and run, have you every chase someone when you are very angry and what did you do when you caught them.
Rob.Brown
Rob.Brown

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down