Self-Protection Dot Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!!

+2
Ace Ventura
Nick Hughes
6 posters

Go down

Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!! Empty Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!!

Post  Nick Hughes Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I've had plenty of young MMA mates try and tell me they invented Ground and Pound...

[img]Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!! Megroundandpound[/img]

Then time machines must exist because this is a pic of me I dug up from the early eighties and I do believe I'm pummeling the shite out of one of my brown belts.

Hmmmm

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!! Empty Re: Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!!

Post  Ace Ventura Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:04 am

Nick

You must be wrong. As we all know MMA invented everything.

Funny how MMA is now a style and not what it stands for.

Ace Ventura

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!! Empty Re: Ground & Pound Invented by MMA - NOT!!!

Post  Mr Nobody Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

There are some complete twats around the MMA scene. They "invented" ground and pound? Yeah right.

I remember play fighting with my brother during the 80's also, getting into a mount position and pretending to belt the crap out of each other.

But then anything martial arts or fighting orientated didn't exist pre UFC1 anyway.

Rolling Eyes
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Hughes Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes mate...it's the same with the attitude of some of the trainers out there nowadays. If you believe what they're implying nobody but them has a clue how to fight, or teach people to fight. Makes me wonder how we all managed prior to God gracing us with their presence on the planet. Very Happy

Nick
Nick Hughes
Nick Hughes

Number of posts : 3119
Registration date : 2006-08-14

http://www.kravmagalkn.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Obviously we were all really really really lucky and we're so fortunate now to live in the enlightened era of MMA.

Rolling Eyes

I don't mean to sound too negative as I do like MMA....I just don't like a lot of the fools, sycophants, and ignorant comments made by nuthuggers with 6 months training under their belt.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 am

Mr Nobody wrote:

I don't mean to sound too negative as I do like MMA....I just don't like a lot of the fools, sycophants, and ignorant comments made by nuthuggers with 6 months training under their belt.

Exactly!

Ace Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post  theodore Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 am

I think anyone who's done a reasonable amount of fighting in the street has been either in the mount or fighting someone in it.

There is nothing new under the sun.

theodore

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Ventura Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:11 am

Nonsense!

MMA invented everything

see

Ace Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Nonsense!

MMA invented everything

see

Including the sun. Wink
Dave
Dave

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:42 am

I used to train with a guy who would constantly tell me how no one knew how to fight or teach martial arts.

I have to thank that man now because of his unbridled arrogance he really taught me to take all martial arts claims very well salted. Case in point here Smile
Jagunco
Jagunco

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2006-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Very true Jagunco, but it was also a ridiculous comment as well.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 am

What? His comment or mine?
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nobody Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Haha! No, his comment mate!

Smile
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagunco Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 pm

Whoops I just re read what I wrote there and I didn't write it well. I mean I take all martial arts claims well salted because the bloke I'm referring to is full of shit not because he was right Smile
Jagunco
Jagunco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down